Meaning: Why do I define “bringing a lunch” as remembering I have a package of ramen noodles in my desk drawer? Seriously?
I am trying to bring a lunch with me more days a week than not to save some money. Well, that, and also to cut back on my Taco Johns consumption because that’s just ridiculous. Not to mention, completely counter-intuitive to my becoming more regular workout schedule.
I’m adding a new goal to the list – being prepared with healthy and tasty lunch options at the office. And, so you don’t think this will be yet another somewhat-easily-f0rgotten goal on my list, I will keep a food diary. Here. Only because I have a feeling it will be funny, and I need all the help I can get.
With that in mind, I feel like starting with this weekend’s diet. It was awful, to say the least. I want to start here because, let’s be honest, it can only improve!
Saturday, February 28
- Breakfast – half of my black olive pizza that I didn’t even touch after the Josh Radin / Meiko concert
- Lunch – handful of Wheat Thins
- Dinner – salmon, baked potato and salad (not so bad, huh? Can’t necessarily take credit for the validity of this meal over the weekend. But I will revel in my “success” all the same.)
Sunday, March 1
- Breakfast – coffee and (too many) Swedish pancakes with butter and lingonberries. (Thanks for your culturaly culinary expertise, Kip!)
- Later – crab rangoons, chips and queso, Miller Lite at Varsity Blues
- Later still – Papa John’s cheese bread with exactly 4 marinara sauces… the perfect ratio!
- Side order with the cheese bread: Rock of Love Bus on VH1 (by FAR the least healthy portion of my weekend!)
Today, so far I have managed one large cup of coffee, ramen noodles, and I am indulging in a Coke this afternoon.
Not looking so hot. The gym will be screeching my name at 5:30 tomorrow morning. I can feel it coming.