In the spirit of the holiday, here are a few things that I am grateful for this year:
- Being able to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday just the way I want to – with a house to myself (and the “girls” of course) and having absolutely no plans!
- A variety of fabulous friends – those who don’t need to receive a phone call every week (or even every 6 months!), but when we get together, it is magic!
- Having a job I truly enjoy that has taken me to a new part of the country with which I am falling in love.
- My truly entertaining, loyal and beautiful (in their own ways) mutts who love me just the way I am and who are always more-than-thrilled to see me at the end of a long day.
- Guitar Hero!
- My family – even though we don’t see eye to eye very often – they are where I came from, and they’ve helped make me the way I am today. For better or worse.
- Living back in the midwest where the commutes actually move at a regular clip, haircuts are affordable, and people are real.
- Being 29 and single… and being acutely aware of the possiblities that lay ahead of me. Life is nothing if not an adventure!